Sunday, April 14, 2013

Happy weekend

This picture basically sums up my weekend in a nutshell.
Good morning! I hope you all had a fantastic week. I know I did. This weekend was my sixth state championships and my thirty sixth meet ever. It was a good meet. I had a few mistakes in my passes due to the fact that I have been out on injury for the past little bit and haven't been able to train as much as I would have liked. But regardless of that I managed to qualify for National Championships that will take place this summer. It was close and I only qualified by four tenths of a point, but I did it. I am so grateful that I have this opportunity and that I was able to make it regardless of injury. Now I'm sure you are all wondering why there is an empty container of grapefruit juice in the picture. Imagine me walking around a large arena in a leotard with that jug in my hand. I drank every drop of that stuff and it was great! This was my little sister, Mikall's, first state championships and she did fantastic! She is so stinkin cute in her little leo. Love you Miki! And thanks to Skyler an my parents for enduring the entire thing in those uncomfortable chairs. You guys rock!

 I had a blast hanging out with my comp friends that I have met over the years. We always have such a good time together even though we are competitors and it seems as if we should be enemies. But I really am thankful for the friends I have made through tumbling and the way we have stuck together through the past couple of years only seeing each other a few times a year. You guys are the greatest! I'd also like to send a shout out to my coaches for all they have done for me thought the years. I don't know if you could ever know the impact you have had on my life. You have taught me so much and I don't know where I would be without you. And lastly, I'd like to thank all of my team mates. Not just the ones who I call team now, but to everyone I have ever called team. I don't know if I would be in this sport if I didn't have a team to rely on. You have gotten me through the toughest of times, as well as the greatest of times. I love being able to be a part of this team. I love you all and I hope you know that. To all of you who are no longer a part of the team, please don't be a stranger! I miss you all and love every chance I get to talking to you. Thanks for letting me call you team.

Now the scriptures in the picture refer to this morning. It is only 11:34 and I have already been to two meetings. I went to mission prep this morning at 7:00 and it was great. I am so excited to serve a mission in a few years and I can't wait to put on that name tag and share the light of Christ with the world. The spirit was so strong this morning and I knew it was where I was supposed to be. I encourage all of you thinking about going on missions to attend missionary prep. After missionary prep I drove myself over to the church for my six month interview with the bishop. That was good and I'd just like to tell my bishop how thankful I am for all he is doing for the youth. It is great.

I'd also like to say break a leg to my sister, Danielle, who starts her performances as Adelaide in her schools production of Guys and Dolls this week. You have worked hard and you will do great! Love you!

So there is my weekend for ya. I hope you all had weekends that were just as good. Thanks to everyone who reads this blog, This blog would be nowhere if it weren't for you. Love you all!




Feel my Sunlight



p.s. My next stop in this journey to National Championships is Vegas, for Regional Championships. T-26 days! Let's do this Flipside!

p.s.s. My friends and I started a new blog where we pretend we are poets. It is called The Backyard Poetry Society. Feel free to check it out! www.thebackyardpoetrysociety.blogspot.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment! I'd love to hear from you!