Tuesday, July 5, 2016

"I took a selfie with their cat, but it looked weird so I deleted it."

Well my friends...

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!!

*please hold while I type all the red, white and blue emoji's*

👹👻👖👺👀👕💋👟👔👣🐭🐳🦀🦄🐋🐞🐔🐟🐾🐁🌎🌹🐚☄🍁🌨💦🍎⛄️🌊🍓🌧🏊🏿🍒🍚🚣🏽🍅🎂🏌🍑🍥🎽🍉🍽🚙🎪🎧🚎🚗🎲🚲🚨🏍🚘🚠🚔🛳🚂🚆💺⛽️🚀🎡🎢🎠🚢🗼🌁🏭☎️⏲🖲⏰⏱🛢🌡🛁💈🎈✉️🛏📮💌📫🏮📩📬📕🗒📘📌🏳💙🖍🔎🖌❤️❕🌀‼ ️❔🏧㊙️➿🈵🏧🅱🅿️🅾💠㊗ ️🈂🈲🛄🆎🚭🆘🚰🈴Ⓜ️🅰🛂🆑🚹⛔️🚾🔴⚪️🔵🔺▫️🔹🔻▫️🔷♥️💭🔵♦️◽️🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

Happy 'Murica Day everyone. Apologies to anyone who can't see them because you are reading this on the computer.


Well now that we've got that out of the way...

The festivities today include trying to finish all our p-day stuff, eating more than I should at multiple cookouts in Lake Helen, fireworks, and laUNCHING LANTERNS LIKE ON TANGLED AND OH MY GOODNESS THIS IS MY DREAM AND IT'S COMING TRUE TODAY AND OH MY GOOdness calm down Sister Reid....

🎶🎶🎶🎶 and at last I see the light... And it's like the fog has lifted...And it's beautiful and bright... And I'm prOUD TO BE AN AMERICAN!!! 🎶🎶🎶🎶 
(this is what our apartment has sounded like all morning. Haha)

Well this week was pretty darn swell. Let me tell y'all about it.

On Monday we had P-Day and then went to the Mark's house for FHE with all the oldies but goodies. The conversation was politics for most of the night and since missionaries can't talk politics we sat in the corner and I made quiet jokes to my cohorts. 🤘🏼

Tuesday we had a lesson with Sister Dickinson and she told us about the time she almost got shot on her mission but got away, we had a lesson with W, our investigator who is doing good, dinner with the O'neals at Dustin's Bar-B-Q where they showed us every picture they have ever taken on their phone and I ate a chicken strip sandwich, and then we went to the addiction recovery class which is my very favorite thing.

Wednesday we did a WHOLE LOT OF FINDING. We also had dinner with the Nolan's. That was fun. Then we went to meet with the bishop and went to Book of Mormon class. T'was a swell time.

Thursday we had district meeting. I gave an adjusting to missionary life thought and talked about neurons making connections in the brain and how worrying is a form of mentally practicing failure... S/O to mom for making me look smart... Elder Olsen nodded his head the whole time like he agreed with what I was saying, Sister Larsen whipped her journal out and wrote a bunch of things down, all while the rest of the district stared at me with blank looks on their faces. #Science. After DM we had lunch and then PRESIDENT CLARK CAME! 🎉 We had a meet and greet with him and the rest of the zone. He's pretty cool and his wife is nice too! Since Elder and Sister Corder are in the zone they came too and I felt like I was the favorite grand child because Sister Corder had all kinds of stories to tell me. After the meet and greet we went to Rodeo Whip and the Corders bought all the sisters ice cream. S/O to the Corders for fueling my addiction. ✌🏻️🍦 That night we also had a lesson with W and then dinner with the Stucks. They are CRAZY and probably my new favorite people. Let's just say they're not your typical Mormons... But goodness... We are basically BFFs now.

Friday was weekly planning. We also had dinner with the Ledet's. President Ledet is in the stake presidency and we had planned to teach missionary work for our lesson... But then we got there and he literally has a basket by his front door with Book of Mormons and pass along cards and pamphlets.... K.... So they taught us about missionary work instead. Haha they are the coolest.

Saturday we did a whole lot more finding. We also wrote thank you cards for half the people in town. We visited sister Cammarata and she is the sweetest lady ever. She got so excited when she saw I was little like her (that is a very common reaction I get from people here haha) she gave me some shoes. When we left Sister Larsen said to me "why do people always give you things everywhere we go?" And then we went to the Ward's house for dinner and Sister Ward was like "I have some skirts that might fit you!" And Sister Larsen was like "See what I mean?!?!" Haha the Wards are so fun and I love them so much. 

Sunday we had church. After church we had a correlation meeting and went and did some LARC hunting (visiting less actives and recent converts) and we met some cool people and some not so nice atheists. We wished them a happy Independence Day. 🎊 Then we had dinner and a lesson with W. His mom, M who is a recent convert got home this week and there were SO MANY KIDS AT THE HOUSE so it was a little nuts. Good thing they all love us. After that we finished our day and went to bed only to wake up on THE ONE AND ONLY I LOVE AMERICA MORE THAN EVERYTHING DAY. 

I think I'm going to go paint my toenails blue and buy some 'Murica cupcakes. 

💙❤️💙❤️💙❤️💙❤️

Sister Larsen and I have been talking a lot about the fact that our country was founded on a desire to worship God.

So when we sing the song "I'm proud to be an American" the "men who died who gave that right to me." Doesn't only include the men and women whose laid down their lives to protect our freedom, it also includes our Savior, Jesus Christ, who died so that we all might be free to choose happiness and eternal life.

So I won't forget the Man who died who gave that right to me. 

So I'll proudly stand up next to you and defend Him still today.

❤️💙❤️💙❤️💙❤️💙


I hope everyone has a safe fun Fourth of July. Send me pictures of all the festivities!

#ProudToBeAnAmerican



Here are the "out of context quotes" for the week:

I was like "Dora is usually a Hispanic name... And DW is white.... But then I realized DW is an aardvark...."

Oh be wise... What can I say more? 
Did Yoda say that?
No.... Alma.

You're like a closet clown

I took a selfie with their cat, but it looked weird so I deleted it.

 
I think Whitney needs a creative outlet




Sister Larsen trimmed Whitney's hair


Again, I think Whitney needs a creative outlet. Fake swimming in the ocean






Yeah! Sister Stokey


Awkward photos

Whitney teaching cranes the Plan of Salvation




Break the fast from the one month fast from fast food


hangin out at the beach






Sister Whitney Reid 
Florida Orlando Mission
🍍🍋🍍🍋🍍🍋🍍🍋

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment! I'd love to hear from you!