Sunday, December 18, 2016

"Hey! One of our less actives has that butter!"

Nov. 28th
"Hey! One of our less actives has that butter!"

Goodness gracious great balls of fire!

FIRST THINGS FIRST

MY BUDDY MR. TERANCE DANIELSON (JUNIOR) GOT BAPTIZED YESTERDAY! πŸ™ŒπŸΌπŸ€˜πŸΌπŸ˜‚πŸŽ‰

Oh my goodness what a swell time it was!

ALSO, I ATE THREE THANKSGIVING DINNERS THIS WEEK AND DON'T NEED TO EAT AGAIN UNTIL THE MILLENNIUM.

ALSO ALSO ALSO

It's 76 degrees here in paradise... incase you were wondering. πŸŒ΄πŸ‹πŸπŸ€˜πŸΌ

But let's back up to the beginning of the week...

MONDAY we hip hopped over to DeLand for some P-Day shenanigans. I played an intense game of chair soccer. Elder Dummer and I discussed the fact that many of our friends from L-Town are betrothed and how weird that is. πŸ˜πŸ˜· gross. I got to see my BFF Sister Hart.  She is forever #1. *insert #1 foam finger here*

AFTER P-Day we contacted a Bible referral named Christy with Sister Wells. We also gave her a Book of Mormon and she was pretty pumped about that. Then we met David the Colombian. David the Colombian is cool.

TUESDAY we went to #Habitat4Humanity and did a lil retail work. Then we went and taught our friend Cody who....
....Wellllll so there was one point in the lesson when Cody was describing WWII concentration camps and was asking where it talks about that in the Bible.... well kid... I don't think it talks about that in the Bible. THEN we tried to read 1 Nephi 17 and then he started asking if Moses and Adam and Eve were in the Tower of Babel... no friend... we are talking about building a boat right now. Please listen. πŸ”¨πŸ˜‚

Then we saw Tammy, then Josh.

After our lesson with Josh we ran over to the Well's house for dinner. ''Twas a grand ole time. Then we taught Sister Blazo, then Brittany, and Milady, then we taught the Hewletts. I love them the most!

WEDNESDAY we started off our day with DM. Either I was hungry while I was preparing my training, or the Holy Ghost was, because I ended up giving a training on how to use "PASTA" to help investigators come to church. Here's how it goes:

To get an investigator to church you first have to Pray with faith to know their needs, you need to find them A friend, they need to understand the doctrine of the Sacrament, they need reliable Transportation, and they need a Reason to come!

Get it??

#GiveEmPASTA #GiveEmHEAVEN

After DM we met a guy named Joe and taught him about the restoration. Then I found a car silly band on the ground. πŸ˜Ž Then we taught Sister Chilkott. Always a good time. We also taught Josh.

We were all "here Josh, have an entire pie"

"What are you going to do with your Pie Josh?"

"Eat it."

"All of it? You might get a tummy ache."

"I can share it!"

"HEY GUESS WHAT! THAT'S KINDA LIKE MISSIONARY WORK BECAUSE YOU CAN SHARE IT WITH YOUR FRIENDS!"

*ba dum tssssss*

THURSDAY was THANKSGIVING! We had #ThanksgivingNumber1 at Elder and Sister Corder's house. Sister Badal and Sister Carter came and Elder Goff and Elder Reeves stopped in for a bit. It was a fun time. Then we ran off to #ThanksgivingNumber2 at the Henderson's. They just adopted us right into their extended family. We even had designated spots on the table.
Later on Thursday we went and visited a retirement home. There is a member in the retirement home that has Alzheimer's and can only remember things for about 10 minutes. We went to see her and of course she didn't know who we were, didn't know what we were talking about and then wouldn't talk to us. But then we started singing For The Beauty Of The Earth and she piped right up and started singing every word loudly with a big smile on her face. It brought tears to my eyes. After that we drove to Deltona so HNA Guerrero and I could go on exchanges while our companions went to the dying temple trip since both of them go home at the beginning of the transfer.

️MUSHY THANKSGIVING INSERT: I just want y'all to know that I'm seriously so grateful for each of you; Past companions and other mission friends, friends from home and from the gym, all the people I've looked up to for all these years, and the greatest family a girl could ask for. I thank my Heavenly Father for you everyday. πŸ’›πŸ’›πŸ’›πŸ’›πŸ’›πŸ’›πŸ’›πŸ’›πŸ’›πŸ’›πŸ’›πŸ’›πŸ’›πŸ’›πŸ’›πŸ’›πŸ’›πŸ’›πŸ’›πŸ’›πŸ’›πŸ’›πŸ’›πŸ’›πŸ’›πŸ’›πŸ’›πŸ’›πŸ’›πŸ’›

FRIDAY HNA Guerrero and I had a blast and a half weekly planning together. I love HNA Guerrero. We also had to go pick up a wheelchair from one person and deliver it to a different person and all I could think was #OnlyInFlorida. After our comps came back HNA Jones and I went and saw the Cintron's and we planted little baby trees. Then we took Amber with us to go see our investigator Brandon who has rearrrrrrryyyyy long dreads. Then we took Amber to visit Brother Schmidt, Judy, and Brother Randolph where I got whipped cream sprayed ALL OVER ME. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ Brother Schmidt went to spray it on Amber's Pie and it sprayed sideways instead. Hahahaha I was laughing so hard I was crying. After our lesson with them we went and saw Brother Clausen. Oh man. I've missed our lessons with him.

SATURDAY we went out to Ponce Inlet to do some work. I'm tellin' ya... missionary work on beach side is the most therapeutic thing for the soul. The world just feels better out there. We visited Brother Clapp and picked up his neighbor Michael as a new investigator. We met Sister Jerson who HAS AN ELEVATOR IN HER HOUSE. She gave us a ride in it and then offered us mango juice and cheesecake. πŸ˜‚πŸ€˜πŸΌπŸ˜‚πŸ€˜πŸΌ She is a wonderful human. Then we crossed the Halifax River and went back to the main land to teach Cody and Stephany with Brother Portus. THEN WE TAUGHT JUNIOR HIS LAST LESSON BEFORE HIS BAPTISM. The poor kid had a fever, but he was determined to not let Satan ruin his baptism. Then we had #ThanksgivingDinner3 with the Wrenne family. Kim brought her boyfriend Robbie with her and then we taught him about the Book of Mormon and picked him us as a new gator. He's so solid I might cry.

Then we went to go teach Melody, Brittany, and Milady. We showed them the Restoration movie. Nine year old Milady was curled up next to me on the couch. Milady has the strongest testimony of the Book of Mormon that I've ever seen from a nine year old. I'd say she has a stronger testimony of the Book of Mormon than many adult members of the church. She was very excited to watch this movie because we told her it was a movie about how we got the Book of Mormon. When the first vision happened Milady grasped in awe and squealed with excitement when she saw Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. Tears filled my eyes as I realized just how incredible and precious the knowledge of the restoration really is. Witnessing others learn about it for the first time makes me realize how much I've taken it for granted for much of my life. It's a wonderful thing.

SUNDAY we went to church Robbie came, and Junior came even though he still had a fever. What a trooper. By the end of church he was feeling quite a bit better and was SO PUMPED for his baptism. His dad is less active and  wasn't going to be able to come because he couldn't get work off, but then when we were taking pictures he walked in and surprised Junior and it was the sweetest thing. Junior's baptism went wonderfully and he is just my favorite kid on the planet.

I LOVE BAPTISMS. πŸ€˜πŸΌ

Later in the evening we had a wonderful lesson with Sister Gruber. She is one of my many adopted grandmas over here in the 386.

TODAY the Daytona SISTAS (Sister Badal and Carter) are coming to get us and are taking us to the new Tanger Outlets that just opened in Daytona. I'm so pumped about life I can't even handle it.



It's been another swell week in paradise. I'm going to missionary forever.



Out of context quotes:

Were you whispering commitments into my ear? Yes. I was inviting you to come unto Christ.

Bacon goes on everything! Unless you're Jewish...

Hey! One of our less actives has that butter!

He's the Pie of the world!



I love y'all more than Daytona loves motorcycles and cars.

Sister Whitney Reid












No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment! I'd love to hear from you!