Thursday, September 5, 2013

blogtember day 3: the best advice

{This picture has nothing to do with this post. I just think these girls are all super cute and I love them a whole lot.}

Hello followers! (I feel like that is something some evil tyrant would say. I hope you don't see me as that. ha) Today marks day 3 of Blogtember and I am pretty happy about today's topic.
Thursday, September 5: Pass on some useful advice or information you learned and always remembered.
My top answer by far would be "an apple a day keeps the docter away. " {but if the docter is cute, ditch the fruit.} or maybe something about never running because I own scisors. {I'm pretty good at that one.} There are so many options I just can't decide.
But as far as real advice goes I will always remember what my grandma says about being short. She always says that being short doesn't matter because you're legs are long enough for your to reach the ground. #Reidswag
Another piece of advice that has stuck out to me recently is this quote by President Hinckley. Someone I met at EFY posted it on facebook and since I apparantly didn't pay enough attention the first time I saw it my mom shared it with me yesterday.
"Anyone who imagines that bliss is normal is going to waste a lot of time running around shouting that he’s been robbed. The fact is that most putts don’t drop. Most beef is tough. Most children grow up to be just ordinary people. Most successful marriages require a high degree of mutual toleration. Most jobs are more often dull than otherwise. . . .Life is like an old-time rail journey—delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride."
                       -President Gordon B. Hinckley
I think this is a good perspective to have because we live in a world where we live fake pinterest lives ever wishing we were our pins. We spend our lives looking at how extrodanary our days are not that we think they aren't special. If we remember that our days our average, and everyone around us are having days that are average we will start to realize that average is extrodanary and that we should be thankful for them. I believe that a person, and not their circumstances decide how happy they are going to be. Some of the happiest people I know are the people who live the hardest lives. I want to be like that and today I'm going to decide to be happy.
With that, here is another quote from EFY that I love.
"don't look to your neighbor to see if you have as much as them, look to your neighbor to see if they have enough."
I think the best way to become happy is to forget yourself. I don't know about you, but I think I want to be happy today.
Feel my Sunlight
p.s. Follow me on Bloglovin!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment! I'd love to hear from you!