Thursday, September 19, 2013

seventeen in an island mood


 
This blogtember thing is hard. I feel like some of these posts aren't me and don't fit my blog. Todays prompt is to write a short story about a dinner part or something of that sorts. I don't feel like doing it and yesterday blogtember was skipped because, well, it was my birthday and you know how that goes.

Yesterday was the mark of the start of my year seventeen! Crazy stuff. I feel old. It was a good day. I have great friends and family that made yesterday fun. And let me tell you, my family's happy birthday song is prime. (actually, we try to sound like dying animals when we sing happy birthday. Its kinda fun.) I got this Ukulele from my family that I just adore. I mean, its yellow, and covered in pineapples. I also got a cake made out of money. I know.


I don't have much to write about today. Just that I really want to do HEFY this summer and am praying it works out.

Maybe it's the Ukulele, maybe its the possibility of going to Tonga or Fiji that is putting me in this island mood. I've never even been to an island. Now I want to watch Soul Surfer. Will somebody please teach me to surf?







Feel my Sunlight



p.s. Tomorrow is FRIDAY and I am really happy about that.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday! It sounds like it was a great one. :D What an awesome Ukulele!

    I've been looking into HEFY, too. It sounds totally amazing! I can't wait to see what locations they announce for this year's projects!

    I just discovered your blog and I'm loving it! Thanks for sharing your sunlight!

    Hugs!

    -Sarah @ The Sprinkles on my Ice Cream Blog

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment! I'd love to hear from you!