Friday, January 11, 2013

All snowed in






Okay so here's the thing. I live in Utah. Utah is known for our snow. I am currently in my Sophomore year in High School and never in my 10 years of schooling have we ever had a snow day. Ever. The closest we have ever gotten to a snow day was a massive wind storm that blew over massive trees, destroyed garages, tipped over semis, and blew To Kill A Mocking Bird books past my English teachers window. But that's a different story.

So Utah has never had a snow day in the 10 years I have been in school... Until Today. And I couldn't be happier!

Yesterday it started to snow. Nothing Utah hasn't seen. People began to post things on Facebook like "Why can't we have a snow day?!" and "If you cancel school tomorrow I will never miss another day of church." With all of these posts I was thinking "ya right! We live in Utah for crying out loud! There is no way they are closing the schools." This is not to say that I wasn't secretly hoping myself.

This morning I woke up at 7:04. That is about 11 minutes before my friend Carina usually picks me up to take me to school. I panicked. Why hadn't anybody woken me up? As I started to scramble to get ready I decided to check my phone. My dad had texted me telling me that our school district had canceled school and to stay in bed. I was ecstatic! I ran to my sisters room to make sure she knew. We talked for a bit and I headed back to bed.

It looks like the kid who promised to never miss another day of church has just made a covenant with the Lord. The moral of the story is: be careful what you wish for. God just might be listening.


Feel my Sunlight


p.s. This storm got me out of a guitar recital today! I am a happy person. 
    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment! I'd love to hear from you!