Thursday, June 13, 2013

and of a good courage

This picture is the definition of team family


Sorry I've been absent lately, I have been quite busy since school got out. It has been fantastic and hasn't ceased to be awesome. My heart is full and I just have to say I absolutely love the people around me. My accomplishments from this week include crashing some random stakes fireside {#yoloswag}, a successful all nighter at the gym breaking my record for longest time spent at the gym with 16 hours and 47 minutes, as well as getting in and out of Wall Mart to buy athletic tape in under 5 minutes. I'm pretty sure that broke some kind of record or something.

Shout out to our missionary that went into the MTC yesterday. Good luck Stir Fry! You will do great things in Rome! Flipside will miss you!

I am so pumped about EFY next week that I can not even contain my excitement. I am also pumped for National Championships in 19 days!

The message I want to share with you can be summed up in these two clips. Please watch them both.





 I have learned that there are some things that are far more important than what kind of clothes you wear, what kind of car you drive, or how many people you know. Things like standing up for what you believe in even if you are the only one. Things like being a good friend and supportive team mate no matter how hard it becomes. 

This last week I had a small experience that took a little bravery. I was at the gym sleepover and I knew I hadn't read my scriptures and that they were waiting in my bag. I knew I had to read them, but also knew that that would mean leaving the group games we were playing and explaining why I was going upstairs all by myself. It wasn't too hard, but it took a little bit of courage. I am so thankful that I had that faith to do it even though it was hard. I encourage you to take that leap of faith in your life to step out of your comfort zone to become a little better and to be a better example and a better friend.

          Be strong           
          and of a good courage;        
                 be not afraid,                        
                  neither be thou dismayed:                
                for the Lord thy God          
        is with thee                     
                whithersoever thou goest.       
                  -Joshua 1:9

Feel my Sunlight



p.s. I promise I will post more often this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment! I'd love to hear from you!