Saturday, November 9, 2013

day 7, 8, and 9, because I'm a slacker

Currently I am happy. I am liking the place I'm at and I'm excited for the places I am going. I am thankful for the choices I have made to get me where I am now.

Here is day 7, 8, and 9, because I'm a slacker.

Day 7
I'm thankful for my sport. I'm thankful for the lessons it has taught me and the opportunities I have been given through being a part of this power tumbling community. I have been able to go to some incredible places and meet some incredible people. I may not {lets get real. I will never} make it to the elite level, but I sure have learned some elite lessons. Power tumbling has taught me lessons on work, lessons on failure, lessons on success, lessons about the gospel {didn't see that one coming did you?!}, lessons about pain, lessons about joy, lessons about sportsmanship, lessons about friendship, lessons about being an example, and ultimately, lessons about life. I love my sport and hope to always keep at least one foot in the gym even though my competitive career will eventually  come to an end even though it is coming much sooner than I'd like it. It has been a vast part of my life and I am so grateful for the chance I have had to have this rare opportunity.

Day 8
I'm thankful for sunshine. So much that I included it in the title of my blog. I also love citrus fruit and I fully believe that sunshine and citrus fruit go together. They bring me joy,

Day 9
I'm thankful for the word "PREP" even though "prep" always equals no sleeping in. Ever. Saturday mornings bring the great and wonderful thing called "ACT Prep". No, I don't enjoy waking up early to spend 4 hours doing school on my Saturday, but am sure going to be thankful when the ACT comes around in a month. Sundays on the other hand, bring a much more enjoyable "prep" called "Mission Prep". It is the greatest thing ever. I love my companion {she just got home from Moscow and I think she is the coolest ever} and I love the feelings felt there. The days that I go to Mission Prep are always filled with so much joy. Mission Prep is right up there with Temple Tuesday. It's so good.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment! I'd love to hear from you!