Saturday, November 2, 2013

pretending I'm a DIY blogger


Today I'm going to do something crazy (sorta) I'm going to pretend to be a DIY blogger for a day.

See, I've been wanting a scripture cover for months due to the fact that my scriptures are looking just a little too loved, and by too loved I mean the binding is being held on by bobby pins, they don't close all the way, and my pages look like a package of highlighters exploded. But that's exactly how I like it. They just needed a little more protection.

The only problem is the ones on etsy are just too dang expensive for my mission saving self so we went the alternative option. Pinterest.

I was thinking "Oh! I'll make an awesome scripture cover and do a tutorial on my blog! And then I found this tutorial by delia cretes... and it's really good. I ended up using her tutorial almost exactly so I am just going to link to her blog and skip the whole tutorial thing.


https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhYu7ClPkmp3ngwK5S67-D457OhvPVoLqc0JfkT1hjBwTnXp-V1eKlcGOtDSwADocQ9wNhc8ReFkDvNJOT74MsTkZrwu_62djXXYPbDrS3rDEWTv5yLWXL6yP6Id2QxveW2SZLEvAa4gLU/s1600/scripture+case-7.jpg
delia creates tutorial

Aaaaand.... my creation.



As a few of you know I am doing 30 days of Thanksgiving with my friend Hannah from The Perks of Being Happy. My day one just so happens to be a guest post on sprinklesonmyicecream.blogspot.com and you can read that post HERE.

So this is day two and I'm thankful for... can you guess it?... THE SCRIPTURES!

We as the Mormon Church "believe the Bible to be the word of God as far as it is translated correctly; we also believe the Book of Mormon to be the word of God. {Article of Faith 8}

The Book of Mormon is not meant to replace the Bible, but it stands as "Another Testament of Jesus Christ" It tells of Christ's dealings with the people in the Americas. It contains the fullness of the gospel and it tells men what they must do in order to gain eternal live and achieve eternal life.





I have a personal testimony of the Book of Mormon. I know know of its truthfulness and I have felt it's power in my life. I encourage everyone to see what it's all about.

Read more about the Book of Mormon HERE.
Request a FREE copy of the Book of Mormon HERE.



feel my sunlight


p.s. My family just told me I have blogosaurus. Whatever that means. I think it is supposed to be some kind of disease, but it sounds like some kind of dinosaur to me. Either way, I like it.
p.s.s. Notice how my scripture case matches my blog. coincidence? You decide.



2 comments:

  1. The cuteness of this overwhelms me. Totally adorable! (And worn scriptures are definitely a good thing-- it shows how hard you've been studying! That is so awesome!) Your testimony of the Book of Mormon is so wonderful. Thank you for sharing! You are one of the best blogosauruses I know. :)

    Hugs!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! And yes, I agree, warn scriptures are a good thing. :)

      Delete

Leave me a comment! I'd love to hear from you!