Wednesday, November 25, 2015

"He's blond...and he's desirable."

November 23, 2015
Hello my friends family acquaintances!

As many of you know I have been transferred! I left part of my heart in Leesburg with Sister Guynn and Sister Mohenoa and headed to DeLand (of promise) and I'm currently serving in the Daytona Beach ward! I am with Sister Nelsen from Salt Lake and I am really liking it here!

It was hard leaving Sister Guynn and Sister Mohenoa on Tuesday because we became so close this last transfer and I have missed them a lot. But Sister Nelsen and I get along really well and we have a lot of fun together! I think this is going to be a really fun transfer!

We have the Senior couple for our ward (Elder and Sister Corder) who live in the apartment below us and they are super fun! We have ice cream with them every Friday night and we stop by their apartment all the time to talk to them because they are basically our adopted mission grandparents. They are super fun!

Yesterday I got to see the Atlantic Ocean for the first time!!! That was super exciting! I also got to tour the Daytona International Speedway today with our ward mission leader and the Elders in our ward! That was so fun and we are so grateful to have such a cool WML!

We don't have a huge teaching pool right now so we are working to build it up a little. I did have the crazy experience of teaching a lesson to an Evangelist Priest! She is this awesome lady named Ya'Shanda and I must say there is nothing quite like testifying of the Book of Mormon in situations like that! It was a really interesting experience and she seemed interested in reading it! We are also teaching a lady named Pamela who always says "wow" like 4 times after every video we show her. 

Our ward has about 700 people we have records for and only about 150 are active so we have been doing A TON of work with less actives. It is a little hard because we don't get to spend as much time looking for gators but it's all the same work to the Lord!

I am SO EXCITED for Thanksgiving this week! We have several dinners set up and it should be a good time! Let me know how everyone's holiday goes and I just want all of you to know how grateful I am for each of you and for all the love and support I have gotten over these last two months. It has really sustained me more than you know and I am eternally grateful for each of you!

I am also so thankful for the Book of Mormon and all of the peace and joy it has brought to my life. I feel so blessed to live in a time when we are free to worship however and wherever we want. If you aren't currently reading it and applying its teachings I would encourage you to START NOW! It can only bless your life.

Have an AMAZING week and don't ever forget how much I love y'all!

--
     -♥-
Sister Reid
Willy

Whitney, Sister Guynn, & Sister Mohenoa

Whitney with Sister Nelsen & Kiki

Merry Christmas

Daytona International Speedway

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment! I'd love to hear from you!