Tuesday, November 8, 2016

"My aglets stopped falling off by the time I reached middle school"

Ahh so guess what... it was announced this week that I can wear pants on my mission because THE POST-HURRICANE MOSQUITOES ARE REAL AND I DON'T WANT TO GET ZIKA. what? #PantsInFL
 
Anyways,
Okay so I just left her Beach I'm just swimmin' in joy over here because #BestWeekEver
 
*passes out*
*wakes back up*
 
Okay I'm back and I'm awake and here let me tell y'all about how great mission life is. 
 
On MONDAY it was Halloween. To celebrate Baby Hart and Grandbaby Staten drove up to Port Orange to partayyy with us. We went to the mall. I bought some sunglasses because #TheSunshineState and fancy teal pineapple watch. AND THEN Baby Hart and I found a photo booth and just look....

image1.JPG
After P-day we taught Tammy. I love Tammy. Then we taught Rod. ''Twas a good time. Rod is the coolest. #HappyHalloween! 🎃
 
On TUESDAY we went to the Habitat for Humanity thrift store and did some service there. Then we contacted a #HurricaneRefurral named Margaret. She was from Canada. Then we read the Book of Mormon with Milady. She's the number one nine year old. Like if there was an Olympic event for being nine... she would have the gold medal. Her prayers sound like this...
 
"Dear Heavenly Father, I'm thankful that these two nice girls, Sister Reid and ?Hermana? Jones, that they come over to teach me about the Book of Mormon, and I love them and I hope they come again tomorrow and that they never go away, I'm thankful for my family and please bless them, and I'm thankful for our food, and for my mom's job, and yes the Book of Mormon IS true. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen."
 
Is that not the cutest? 
 
We also had dinner with the Thorpe family who I LOVE! And we taught the Vaughan family a slam dunk intro to the Book of Mormon lesson. The Book of Mormon is so true you guys. 😆 Then we exchanged with the Deltona Spanish sisters and Hermana Mickleson came to party with me in Port Orange.
 
On WEDNESDAY Hermana Mickleson had such a fun day... except for the part where she got a speeding ticket... sorry HNA Mickleson... BUT we did have a wonderful lesson with Stephany #HurricaneMiracle. She was all "I've been stressed about life, but every time I get stressed I open the Book of Mormon and I feel peace."
 
Well my friend that's cuz the Book of Mormon is SUPPA TRUE.
 
Then we taught Brother Harper who lives out on the inlet, so then we tried to find some other less actives who live on Ponce Inlet, but apparently people who live on the beach don't stay at their houses during the day... probably because they're all at the beach? I don't know. 🙄😐 Don't worry. We took some sick picks while we were #BeachSide 
 
image2.JPG
 
image3.JPG
 
That night we taught Josh Shipkowitz who is the coolest. I gave him a baptismal timeline that looked like a treasure map.  Then we drove back to Deltona and I got HNA Jones back.
 
THURSDAY we had ZTM and I gave a spiritual thought about enjoying the ride. This is one of the most wonderful things we've ever done my friends. #EnjoyTheRide then somehow I ended up being the scribe while the zone leaders gave trainings. ''Twas a wonderful ZTM. Mucho inspiration. Then we contacted some British ladies that were pretty funny. 🇬🇧 Then we went and taught Stephany with Brother Portus. THEN WE FOUND BRANDON. Brandon has the longest dreads I've ever seen. He had a friend pass away recently and we showed up and started talking about the Plan of Salvation and he was all "who sent you...." 😮 "GOD DID MY FRIENDDDD. God did." And then he didn't believe us. THE SPIRIT IS SUPPA COOL MY FRIENDS. 
image4.JPG

Then we taught Melody and Milady. It was a pretty fun lesson. I love them. Then we taught Brother Schmidt, Judy, and Brother Randolf. All of my favorites.
 
FRIDAY we weekly planned. Then we had dinner with the Cintron's. Somehow we all broke out into song and we quickly became a band and we will be releasing our smash hit single Feliz Navidad next week. You can find it wherever music is sold. Probably. Then we saw Anslee who is YSA. Okay literally Anslee and I are the same person. We have the same favorite color. She's a graphic designer. And she loves Harry Potter. Anslee and I are bffs now. 
 
SATURDAY we literally HELPED BUILD A HOUSE. Our ward helped on a Habitat for Humanity build. I felt like I was on Extreme Home Makeover. Sister Jones and I painted the ceilings and walls. ''Twas SUPPA FUN! 
 
image5.JPG
 
Then we ran home and did studies and then we went and sang for Sister Chilkott. Then we visited Sister Gruber and sang for her too. Just call us the Mormon Jukebox. Then we taught Junior and the rest of the Sebastian crew. Then we taught Milady and Brittany and Melody. We taught the Plan of Salvation with Sister Freeze. So... normally they have a really hard time focusing and understanding. But there was this moment when we were describing the three kingdoms of glory and then Melody just got this big grin on her face and was like "I UNDERSTAND! I GET IT!" And I just fist bumped the air because I was just so jazzed about life. 
 
Then we taught Brandon. My dread haired friend. ✌🏻️ 
 
SUNDAY we went to our meetings. ALL OF MY FRIENDS CAME TO CHURCH. MELODY BROUGHT MILADY AND JEFFERY AND JOSH AND GAVIN CAME AND I JUST LOVE WHEN MY INVESTIGATORS COME TO CHURCH. I sat next to Milady and taught her about church because they were a lil confused. Sister Gruber is an elderly lady in the ward so she can't come to church so she asked me to bear her testimony for her. So I bore a proxy testimony. Then after church we taught Bobby and then Brittany, Melody, and Milady. We read the Book of Mormon and it was the most spiritual lesson. I love them so much I can't even handle it. We took a selfie.
 
Milady also wrote me this letter on the back of a Living Christ and I about died.

image7.JPG

TODAY WE WENT TO THE BEACH AND WATCHED THE SUN RISE AND I CONVINCED THE WHOLE ZONE TO TAKE A JUMPING PICTURE AND IT ALMOST WORKED.

image8.JPG


image9.JPG

 
I also found a jellyfish
 

image10.JPG

I love being a missionary. I'm going to do this forever. 

image11.JPG






Out of context quotes:

It's like he's a squirrel in a group of wombats.... I mean meerkats.

My aglets stopped falling off by the time I reached middle school

You have a moist tapey aglet 


I love y'all more than I love the sunrise on the beach. And that's my favorite thing so... #FeelTheLove

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment! I'd love to hear from you!