Saturday, August 11, 2012

day one. {4th year hike, & girls camp}

4th year backpacking trip, and girls camp


...4 more miles...



day one. Monday


So I kinda forgot to take pictures the first day. Mostly because my camera was packed in my 30 pound pack and I wasn't to fond of taking it on and off. So I got up early and took my last real shower. Carina and her dad picked me up to go get our lunch and Subway, we got to the church by 7:15, and headed out by 8:00. We said goodbye to civilization as we know it.
We got to Lake Lymen and ate our lunch. We put on our shoes, used the flushies for the last time. and loaded up the cars. We drove about 45 minutes to the trail head. Bumpiest road I have ever ridden! 
We arrived at the trail head. We put on our packs, and we started to walk.
I hiked about 2.8 miles with a 30 lb pack on my back. It was hard, but it was okay. I didn't have a problem physically. By the time we got to camp I was feeling pretty darn good about myself. 
I ate my first freeze-dried meal. I had Chicken Alfredo. It was okay, I would never eat it at home, but for backpacking, It wasn't to shabby. 
There where lots of laughs. We played the "Name Game" and Mafia while we waited for the stars to come out.
We went star gazing in the meadow. It was one of the most fantastic things I have ever seen! I learned so much that night, and the spirit was so strong. I went to bed with excitement for the day to come. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment! I'd love to hear from you!