Friday, October 26, 2012

consider your thanks

"and when thou risest in the
                    morning
let thy heart              
        be full
             of thanks unto God;
 and if ye do these things,        
                ye shall be lifted up at the
          last day."
                         -Alma 37:37
 
 
 
I recently came accross this YouTube Video. {below} This video made me think {as I often do}. It made me think about my life. The opportunities I have. The chance I get to go to school. The most amazing family ever. Parents that love me. A place where I can feel save. The greatest team mates in the world. Work. That I can afford what I need. This warm house over my head, this computer I'm typing on. My wonderful guitar sitting next to me, Music, good roll models, the list could go on and on. It made me realize how truly greatful I am for this wonderful life I live every day, and I know for a fact that I have taken it for granted. I sometimes think to myself about all the people in 3rd world countries that dream of living a life like mine, in the same way I dream of life as a Princess. To people like this, I live like royalty. As I was in the car driving to the gym today I wondered how many times I had made that drive. More than I can even count. How many days of learning have I been blessed with? Well this is the 13th year I have been enrolled in school (including pre-school and kindergarten) How many times have I worried about going hungry? Not once. ever. I live a blessed life. Sure there are ups and downs, and bumps in the road, but when you really step back and evaluate it all you realize that your life is blessed. There is always someone who has it better than you, but then again there is always someone who has it worse.
In my World Civ Honors class yesterday we were discussing the Untouchables. For those of you who don't know what untouchables are, it is a "class" below slaves. Once born into it, there is absolutly no hope of ever getting out. In a society that has no mobility between classes, you have no choices. You don't get to choose your own destiny. However, here in America...land of the FREE! You have every right to make yourself a better life. We life in a land where Olympic athletes are regular people, and the greatest singers were made fun of growing up. We live in a world where you don't half to be born into a rich family to learn how to be successfull in life. Remember:
 
"The biggest
trees     
           got their start
in the         
         dirt"
                                       -Whitney {me}
 
 
I have just felt so much gratitude lately, and I would feel ungreatfull if I didn't share it. I am so verry thankful for the life I live, the people surrounding me, and the opportunities I have. I am thankful for the Church.
 
Now I want you to consider what you are thankfull for as you watch this YouTube video about an incredable person
 

 
 
What are you thankful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment! I'd love to hear from you!