Saturday, May 10, 2014

#ItWasMom Happy Mothers Day!



Hi Friends! Sorry I've been a slacker at blogging lately. I have been swamped with projects like this...




(This is me doing an infomercial for "The Snuggie" for my American Sign Language class. There are for sure some mistakes so if you know ASL don't mock me.)

My days have been swamped with work the last little bit. I took the AP English Language test yesterday and lets just say I'm glad that is over with.

Since it seems to be a video kind of day I want you all to take a second to watch this video...






My mom is the one who put up with all the tears, all the laughs, and all the banging of pots and pans.



Who accepted the noise while I practiced my musical instruments. From my pots and pan days, to my piano banging days, to my guitar playing days, to the times I insisted on listening to Radio Disney.

It was my mom who held me before I could talk.

Who made sure I made it from here...


To here...


It was my mom who put bandaids on my knees.

Who let me tie yarn all over the house.

Who let me watch High School Musical a thousand times even when it became annoying.
 
It was my mom who dressed me up like this...


And this...




It was my mom who inspired my love for this...



which later evolved into a love for this...


and who took me to the doctor when tumbling meant this...




It was my mom who ran to buy poster board at midnight when I notified her I had a project due the next day.

It was my mom who checked my grades and made sure I turned my homework in.

It was my mom that taught me who God was and who inspired my love for this.




It was my mom who installed a version of Photoshop Elements which inspired me to become a Graphic Designer.

It was my mom who taught me, who held me, who loved me, who read to me, who taught me to read by myself, who drove me to soccer practice, who taught me to drive, who I called when my driving resulted in car crashes, who picked me up when I was down, who inspired me to be bigger than myself, who put up with me when I was at my worst, and who clapped for me when I was at my best.

Julie B. Beck said that

“THERE IS NO LIMIT TO WHAT A MOTHER CAN ACCOMPLISH. RIGHTEOUS WOMEN  HAVE CHANGED THE COURSE OF HISTORY AND WILL CONTINUE TO DO SO.

My mom no doubt molded much of my life. Things would be different without her here.

I am so glad to have the mother I was blessed with. And I now echo the words of Abraham Lincoln when he said that


“ALL THAT I AM OR EVER HOPE TO BE, I OWE TO MY ANGEL MOTHER.”

i LOVE you MOM! happy mothers day! 

#ItWasMom


 P.S. I suggest you all go read THIS BOOK! I am about halfway through it and I'm digging it... a lot.


http://www.amazon.com/Heaven-Is-Here-Incredible-Everyday/dp/B008PGJGW4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1399786829&sr=8-1&keywords=heaven+is+here
 

2 comments:

Leave me a comment! I'd love to hear from you!