Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Guest Post by Shelby {Good Things to Come}

hola amigos!

Yesterday I was teaching one of my preschool tumbling classes when one of my three year old students that doesn't stand much taller than your average American Girl Doll (that's actually not true, but you get the point) gave me a hug and said "Teacher, you have skinny legs." 

And people wonder why I love my job so much. haha

I have something super awesome for my blog post today! Even better than hugs... and even better than three year olds that tell you that you have skinny legs...

The following blog post comes from one of the coolest chicks in all of blog land. Her name is Shelby and I've asked her to take over my blog for a day! She's kindly accepted. So enjoy her lovely writing, and then stay tuned for a guest post I wrote for her blog!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Guys! My name is Shelby and I am so excited to be here guest posting for Whitney. You may remember me from this post. Whitney also did an amazing post here that you should definitely check out!


A little bit about me:
    - I blog over at Moore Light Shine
    - I love photography and design
    - I also love music.
    - I am Mormon. I try my hardest to live it and I absolutely love it.
    - I think the youth program is one of the most amazing things ever.

It is now February 4th, you probably set some awesome goals 35 days ago.
I know I did. How many have I completely stuck with? I don't know if I have 100% stuck with any of them, but I'm trying my hardest.
I’m not discouraged or disappointed because I’ve come to realize that the only way for me to be perfect is through Christ. So I’ll keep running towards him. I’ll keep trying my hardest. And he’ll keep standing there with his arms open wide ready accept me and you and help us become perfect. Isn’t that amazing?

Today I’m here to talk about keeping goals and sticking to things, whether they are new years resolutions or not. I’m talking about the kind of things that can seem tiring or worthless to some. The repetitive things that make you wonder if you can possibly learn anything else from it.

Everyone has something like that.
A standard they struggle to keep.
Something they just want to skip one night. Until it becomes 2. Then 3. Then 4 months.
It may be prayer, scripture study, going to church, media standards. Anything.

But I’m here to tell you to keep going. To keep moving. To not give up.

Because something bigger and better is waiting for you right around the corner. Your dreams are about to come true. Heavenly Father will be near you soon with his arms around you. Your Savior is ready now to give you hope, and peace, and joy.

All of these wonderful things are about to happen. But they won’t if you give up now.

You may want it so bad. You may feel like your prayers are being said to air. You may want to quit, But don’t. Because I promise your Heavenly Father is listening. He hears your prayers. He wants to help you. But he knows what’s best, so he waits until the perfect moment. You think you know the perfect plan, the perfect time. We humans think we have everything figured out. Ha! We don’t. Not even close.

We are so far from seeing the big picture we simply have to trust God and realize that his timing is not our timing, it is the best timing.

Don’t feel embarrassed or ashamed if you are getting discouraged. It happens to the best of us. While reading my scriptures the other day, I noticed a verse in Nephi that had never caught my attention:

“And it came to pass that I was overcome because of my afflictions, for I considered that mine afflictions were great above all.....” (1 Nephi 15:5)

Even Nephi, the great prophet and a faithful servant of God became discouraged. He became dragged down because the world was beating down on him. He let others affect how he felt about life and himself.

Later it goes on to say “And it came to pass after I had received strength(1 Nephi 15:6)

I love this verse because he received strength. He didn’t become strong through himself. He received strength from The Lord. And our Heavenly Father is ready and willing to do the same for you.

He is ready to comfort you and encourage you. He may not be ready to fix everything. But he is ready to help you. To strengthen you. To love you.

I know this is so true.

I absolutely love the quotes below.

“There is help. There is happiness. There really is light at the end of the tunnel. It is the Light of the World, the Bright and Morning Star, the “light that is endless, that can never be darkened. It is the very Son of God Himself….Cling to your faith. Hold on to your hope… Don’t give up.... Don’t you quit. You keep walking. You keep trying. There is help and happiness ahead—a lot of it…... You keep your chin up. It will be all right in the end. Trust God and believe in good things to come.”



Please don’t give up. Please keep going. Whether it is a new years resolution, just getting through the day, or deciding if you beleive in your Savior. Please don’t lose hope. Know that you have devine capabilities and that you are loved beyond comprehension.

I hope you all have a wonderful, spectacular, amazing day!


-Shelby

2 comments:

  1. I definitely needed this inspiration...I might have deviated from my exercise goals and resorted to Netflix watching instead. ;) Thanks for inspiring me not to give up! And it's totally fun to see two of my fave bloggers in the same place!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment! I'd love to hear from you!