Monday, August 31, 2015

23 days until you can call me "Sister Reid"

Isn't little Ave just the cutest? Congrats on getting baptized on Saturday little one!
Thanks for letting me take your pictures and for letting me be your tumbling coach.


I thought I'd do a quick blog post to give you guys an update and let you guys know about my mission farewell which is in two weeks. It will be on Sunday September 13th at 9am and anyone is invited to come join me in worshiping in this church service. While I will be speaking, I want you all to remember that this church service isn't about me, it's about our Savior Jesus Christ and I just hope that all of you that come will be able to feel of His love for you. So come hear me speak at my church and after church we are having breakfast at my house afterwords and I would love to see all of your bright smiling faces there so I can hug you all before I leave on my adventures in Florida. The address to my church is 1480 Phillips Street Kaysville Utah 84037-9672. See y'all there!

So... here's the update! As you've probably noticed this blog is slowly being converted to a mission blog. Which means as soon as I'm a missionary I won't be updating it anymore, but will hand it off to my mom who will post my emails on it for 18 months. I'm very excited about it and I hope you all keep checking back here every week to hear about my missionary adventures in Florida! You can also stay updated by typing your email in the 'bloglovin' box on the right hand column. You'll get emails letting you know about new posts every week! Since I won't be able to see comments on here you will only be able to contact me by sending me letters or through email, the addresses of which can be found under the "contact me" page at the top of this blog.

I have 23 days until my MTC report date. Many of my friends are already out serving missions and the rest of them are back in high school or in college now which means I have a slight obsession with emails, hand written letters, and FaceTime calls. I miss my friends a tenfold.

I had my wisdom teeth out on Thursday and I survived! After a few painful sick days I can now say that I just have super sore lower jaw and slightly fat chipmunk cheeks, but according to my little sister my "cheeks don't look as fat as they did yesterday" so that's good! I really just want a hamburger now.

The other day I was having a really rough day (having all the wisdom taken away from you can do that to a person.) and I was just feeling really down. When out of no where I received this message in my inbox from Dawn Armstrong (for those of you who don't remember who she is she's the mom from the movie Meet the Mormons.)


It was a simple gesture but it went a long way and I just wanted to give her a shout out and say thanks for being the person to reach out when I was having a hard day even though you didn't even know it! This was such a good reminder to me that a small act of kindness can change someone's day. And for all of you reading this you ought to go watch Meet the Mormons right this second. It's now on Netflix!

This week I'm going into mission crazy mode. Buying clothes, a bike, a bag, shoes, and all the other things one needs to be an effective sister missionary. Anything you RMs wish you would have brought on your mission that I don't want to forget?

So since I don't have a super uplifting post for you today I thought I'd share with you some of the music on my current playlist. Enjoy!







I know the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is indeed the true church and that it does indeed contain the fully restored gospel. I know we all have a purpose on this earth and I find my greatest joy in trying to find and fulfill that purpose. Right now that purpose is taking me to Florida to share the gospel and to serve God's children and I can't wait! I love you all!

-Whit
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment! I'd love to hear from you!