Wednesday, October 28, 2015

"Say both prayers, it'll be cool! All the way!"



Hello my people!

I'd like to start off my letter this week with a story that is an accurate representation of what it's like to serve in central Florida.

Yesterday we decided to call one of our recent converts (Betty) to see when we could meet with her. When we called her she said "hey! I just made a big pot of beans why don't you come over and have dinner with us?!" So we were excited for a surprise dinner and we headed over to her house. After dinner her husband Roy proceeded to pull out his dentures and licks them clean. He then said "I wouldn't trade these teeth for anything!"

And that my friends is what it's like to serve a mission in Florida.

This week has been good! We got David on date which means we have 7 people who have accepted the invitation to baptism! The struggle of our mission though is getting people to come to church. So keep praying for them and that the people we meet will have the desire to come to church as we didn't have anyone come yesterday.

This week has consisted of a lot of funny quotes. One of my favorite of which was when we had just finished reading a scripture to one of our investigators (Louis) and we asked him what stuck out to him and he responded "the chant..." We all panicked because there wasn't a chant in the scripture of any kind... then he said again "the chant... verily, verily." LIKE WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN? haha Sister Guynn said "ya, verily means this is something really important and then he talks about baptism so that means it is important that you get baptized. Louis is usually a very confusing person and he always follows every comment with the phrase "do you know what I'm saying?" and we usually not our heads in agreement when on the inside we are yelling "no! We have no idea!" haha it's always a good time.

One of my other favorite moments of this week was when we were teaching Willy and all of his friends were coming in and out of the house interrupting and he got up and locked them all outside so they wouldn't interrupt. haha He's such a star and he loves the gospel.

haha so we have been laughing a lot this week.

I am also loving how much closer I feel to Christ when I wear his name on my tag everyday. I can never get enough scriptures in our hour of personal study in the morning and I have felt that my prayers have become a thousand times more meaningful. One of my favorite things that I heard this week at church was that we should make our knees the first part of our body that touches the ground everyday, not our feet. So I give you all the challenge to try that this week! I feel that God is my very best friend and I know for a fact that He does answer every prayer and that He has sent angels to walk with us everyday.

For those of you at home I also give you the challenge to do something nice for your missionaries in your ward, be it giving them a referral, serving dinner, or something else.

Here is a non-comprehensive list of out of context funny quotes from my week... I also decided to follow the example of my trainer and give you an out-of-context-quote as my subject line every week. Enjoy!

Has anyone ever told you that your name rhymes with quinoa?

It's better to be have to wait than to be dead!

Did you see me chinging on the swandelier?

I'm so excited... It's Christmas!!!

He didn't want to stay with you...

The chant... Verily verily

Say both prayers, it'll be cool! All the way!

Are you okay? Need water?

There's an alien... In my tree!!

Where's the wisdom??

The Holy Ghost descended in the form of a dove. The Holy Ghost
descended in the form of a dove!!

I think he really wanted to get put on date if you know what I mean

Have you ever seen a seahorse give birth?

Oh yes. The time change.

Gwynn you coming?

It's like my son has football practice, my daughter has cheer
practice. Like, did I even make it to that dinner?

I touched a snake today

Who's shaking a gourd outside my house??

Wait.. Blind people can't read sign language

Shoots out the bosom

Good thing we have that big box of.. Ehhh....

Down at the water trough like, hey Dave! Wait... Doesn't Dave have mono?

Hey cowboy boyfriend, can you show me how to sacrifice a Guinea pig?
Then get all competitive and sacrifice it BETTER than him!!!

So many cowboy points...

Man I'm DONE with these birds



I hope you all have a WONDERFUL week and keep me posted on all the amazing and hilarious things in your life. (also the mediocre and horrible things.... I want to hear those things too. Attached is a picture of us with the horseshoe crab I mentioned last week... and for those of you who were wondering it wasn't still alive. And the other picture is a picture of me and my trainer sharing a pair of shorts we got.

I love you all and hope you have a swell week!


p.s. Tomorrow is our first exchanges and I am leading out Leesburg as both of my companions are going to a different area. Ahh! Wish me luck!
 



 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment! I'd love to hear from you!