Monday, April 8, 2013

things

So I sorta kinda decided I am going to serve a mission this weekend. {I know many of you read that as "I am going to serve a mission this weekend" that is false, I made the decision this weekend. Sorry to give you a fright.} Don't worry... I still have a little while. But I'd just like to say thanks to all the strong influences in my life that have helped guide me to this decision. Kjarinda <3 The whole Laurels class <3 B <3 all my seminary teachers <3 Randi & Braden <3 My awesome Sunday school teacher <3 my parents <3 Lauren <3 {and the amazing people that have taught by example...} Stirfry <3 Tyler <3 Ashlie  <3 Ethan <3 Shelby <3 And everyone else that I know that has either served, are serving, have a call, or are working on papers <3 and of course, my loving Father in Heaven and his son, Jesus Christ. I love you all! Thanks for being good examples.

{Braden & Randi... did you notice I put you two together in between two hearts? You're welcome.}

So now it is 10:24 on a Monday night aka the-end-of-the-first-day-back-from-spring-break-and-Whitney-is-completely-exhausted-day. Spring break was good. I basically sat in my room and watched Ellen the majority of the time, but I did squeeze in some conference spiritual time stuff, and some hang out with Katie time, and a tiny bit of tumbling. But sadly I didn't accomplish any homework over this lovely break. {Well... I did photography homework... but one could argue weather or not that actually is homework.} So I guess you can say it will be a busy week.

It is a special week....

 No I am not going to prom...

But It is State week! I will be competing at the Utah Power Tumbling Championships this Friday. Whoo! I must score a 51.3 at either this meet, or at Regionals in Vegas next month. I'm holding my breath.

And speaking of tumbling, I'd just like to send a shout out to my amazing team. They are being all lovie on facebook so I just thought I'd share the love here. My team means so much to me. I am with you guys more than I am with my family and I don't think I could ever find a greater group of people. You are with me at my greatest and you are with me at my worst, but you lift me up no matter what. We have something that school friends would never understand. I love my sport and I love my team. <3

Conference was AMAZING this weekend. I mean who doesn't love sleeping in and having church in your pajamas in your living room? If you would like to watch it CLICK HERE!!!

Well, I had better get to bed. Seminary morning side tomorrow! Here is a quote from Jeffery R. Holland that I just adore.

"If ye love me, keep my commandments," Jesus said. So we have neighbors to bless, children to protect, the poor to lift up, and the truth to defend. We have wrongs to make right, truths to share, and good to do. In short, we have a life of devoted discipleship to give in demonstrating our love of the Lord. We can't quit and we can't go back. After an encounter with the living Son of the living God, nothing is ever again to be as it was before" (2012 October General Conference, The first Great Commandment, Sun. Morning Session- By Jeffery R. Holland Oct 2012)

So there you have it folks. I love you all. I send you all love and rainbows and butterflies. Peace out my peps!




Feel my Sunlight



p.s. I don't know if you noticed yesterday, but at one point HALF of the trends on twitter were Mormon trends... HALF! #Mormonforthewin #LDSconf

p.s.s. Another wind storm anybody???

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment! I'd love to hear from you!