Saturday, June 29, 2013

My Saturday epistle to the internet

I don't really know where this blog post is going this morning. So hold on and lets find out...

I leave to Missouri in less than three days. I am freaking out a little, but am super pumped at the same time. Does anyone know of anything fun to do, or good places to eat in Kansas City? We need some ideas. I'm ready to take over this town!

Now I must ask, who ordered this heat?! It's a little crazy. My summer is jam packed with awesome and it is just nearing the crazy. I can't wait. Basically all I'm going to be able to do when I'm at home is unpack, do laundry, and pack again. But I promise I will try to fit a blog post or two in there somewhere.

I came across a video that I just loved {It seems like I say that a lot...} and that I needed so much this week. So click play.




If any of you have ever been to EFY, or had an equivalent spiritual experience. You know that the week after is always the hardest. The week after is the hardest because you are suddenly separated from the people who became your family. You suddenly find yourself spending your time doing things other than church stuff. You are suddenly thrown back into the real world where a lack of virtue is accepted and encouraged. The adversary works hard to pull you down and to make you forget everything you just learned. Though you have made a significant change within yourself, you still look the same. It seems as if when you return home the world should change as well, yet the world continually tries to throw the same stuff in your face. We as members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Later Day Saints must do everything we can to avoid the tactics of the adversary every day, and every second if we want to remain guiltless when we stand before our maker. And because we are all human, and we all make mistakes, our merciful God has provided a way. He has sent his son to atone for our sins so that if we repent, we might one day be able to return to live with our Father in heaven for eternity. We must remember that we are never alone.



Feel my Sunlight



p.s. Holy it is hot outside. Good thing I'm going to Missouri next week where the high for the week is 88 degrees! ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment! I'd love to hear from you!