Monday, July 1, 2013

Nationals Nationals Nationals

Nationals 2011~ San Antonio, Texas
Nationals 2012~ Long Beach, California


Today is Monday. I leave for my third US National Championships on Tuesday. I leave for Kansas City, Missouri TOMORROW! AHHHHHHHHHHH That is about all that has ran through my head all day. This will be a different nationals seems how I am going all by myself in the sense that neither of my parents are coming along. It will be weird to not have Shawn, Kenzi, Cid, Britt, or Brinna since they have been to every nationals I have been to. It will be different but it is going to rock. We have our last chance workout tonight and then we zip up our bags and hop on an airplane to take over Kansas City.

I may not be where I wanted to be when I imagined nationals at the beginning of the year. But I did learn something from this year of struggling in the gym. I learned that my place on the awards stand doesn't define who I am. Chances are I may not even make it to the podium {I never have at a national championships. I'm competing against 50 people for crying out loud!} I learned that competitive power tumbling is a part of my life to give me experience. I know that sounds like a lame excuse that someone who doesn't win a lot would say, but I truly believe it. Tumbling has brought me some of my strongest friendships, some of my greatest roll models, some of my hardest struggles, some of my sweetest moments. Tumbling has brought me a job that beats the work most of my friends get paid for. Tumbling has brought me growth. (not literally ha!} It has taught me how to trust in others, and how to trust in myself. Tumbling has taken me to places I would have never gone otherwise. Tumbling has allowed me to meet some incredibly awesome people who have taught me great things both pertaining to tumbling, and not. Tumbling has brought me some cool missionary experiences and has given me a chance to share my testimony through example to many who are not of my faith. Now when I get on that airplane and when I enter that arena. I hope to be able to tumble for those reasons, and not for a ranking. Because to me, those are the things that matter most.

See you on the Flipside!



Feel my Sunlight



p.s. Who do you know that is pro at packing a weeks worth of things in a carry on bag? That's right! ME!!!

p.s.s. I will try to post updates as often as I can this week so check back often.

p.s.s.s. I compete at 10 am on the 4th of July. So while you are all at your parades of red, white, and blue think about me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment! I'd love to hear from you!