Saturday, October 25, 2014

6 things that make life more beautiful

Hello my darling people!

Could somebody please tell me when October happened? This has seriously been one of the quickest months I have ever experienced. It's like I blinked and now it is almost over. What happened?

Life is joyous right now. No, I'm not saying that there aren't rotten things in the fridge, or that difficult things aren't happening, I am saying that there is joy in the world right now and that you can reach it. Here are six things that have made my life more beautiful lately. I'm not promising they will do the same for you, but I hey, give it a try and let me know!


#1 Scripture Study


I know, I know. You've heard this before. But when was the last time you sat down and studied instead of simply read? I promise it will make life taste sweater no matter how bitter life tastes right now.

#2 Mindy Gledhill music


Seriously. I have been obsessing over her stuff all week. It's all 100% clean and 100% beautiful. I mean, how can you not love this?



Also, I tweeted about my current obsession with her music the other day and she favorited it. I was a happy camper.

#3 Other Happy People

In the words of Kate Bratskeir, who was quoted by Hank Smith at BYU education week: 

"Happy people surround themselves with other happy people. Joy is contagious. People are four times more likely to be happy in the future with happy people around them."

My "happy people" right now would have to be the seminary council that I serve on. I have hundreds of other people who would be included in this category, but the other students on seminary council are the very best at this. When I'm with the council there is an abundance of laughter and smiles even though we are doing work. I can honestly say that I never hear complaining when I'm with this group, which is something I don't think I can say about any other group of people I've ever associated with. As humans we like to complain. And these people make me see the joy in the world.

#4 Gifts from Children

Two of my cute tumbling students gave me this elastic bracelet today. There is nothing like a handmade gift from a child to make you feel loved. I have the best job ever. 


 

#5 Old Journal Entries


I was going through the notes on my phone the other day and I found this gem that I wrote back in 2012:

"Television characters have everything. A perfect life, minimal problems, a good romance, and sometimes even fantastic events that are unlikely to happen. 

I've always watched TV in awe at how perfect the lives of the characters are, and in turn sat in awe at how perfect my life is not. 

But what I've never seen on a TV show is a character laugh so hard they end up on all fours so they don't wet themselves. And I've done that twice today. So I'll take my imperfect laughter over any perfect tv show life any day."

I am a journal junkie. I love writing and my very favorite thing is to go back and read old journals, notes, and blog posts. It's my favorite thing.


 #6 Family Time!

I went with my family last week to go see the witches at Gardner Village. Hanging out with my family is my very favorite thing. I don't know how I'm going to be able to leave them to serve a mission in a year. They are truly the greatest. 

I carried around my fancy pants camera like the good photographer I dream of being. The results were the epitome of a blogger's paradise. I love fall!













What makes your life beautiful?



 feel my sunlight

4 comments:

  1. Things that make my life beautiful:
    1. Sister missionaries
    2. YSA who give me rides to things because this freshman in college doesn't have a car anymore (high school sister is 16... you get the idea)
    3. My beautiful campus
    4. COLLEGE
    5. Friends
    6. Having a baptism date

    <3 Marie-Rose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahhh! I love all those things (even though I haven't experienced some of them yet)
      I can't wait to be a sister missionary and I am so excited for college life after that! It sounds so fun. And the fact that you have a baptism date makes me SO HAPPY! Like... You have no idea! Thanks for you spam comments. They are #7 on my list of things that make life beautiful.
      -Whit

      Delete
  2. I love hearing actual joy!!! Keep sharing your sunlight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't happiness the greatest?! Thank you! :)
      -Whit

      Delete

Leave me a comment! I'd love to hear from you!