Friday, November 7, 2014

Letters from Heaven

 

Sometimes you just need days like today to remind you that the world is okay and that pieces of it are rather magnificent. Yup. That about sums up my day.

We were sitting in second period today when we received word that school would get out at 11:15 thanks to broken water pipes. WAHOO! 

There are beautiful things happening people.

And before I get into my post I have a few birthday shutouts, because apparently the next few days are popular days for awesome people to be born.

so...
S/O to Makena who is turning 19 TODAY! I am so happy I was able to meet you last year at EFY! You are one of the funnest people I have ever met and you were a fantastic roommate. Thank you for your strong testimony and for being so fun! I miss you bunches and I hope you had the grandest day ever! 

S/O to Adam who is turning 18 on Sunday! You are seriously one of the very coolest people I know. You are a fantastic Seminary council president and I am so happy I am able to serve on council with you. You are such a great example to me and the rest of the school. I hope you know that people look up to you. Thank you for your testimony and for being my friend. I hope you have the greatest birthday ever!

S/O to Raegan who is turning 17 on Monday! I love you so much Raeg! I couldn't have asked for a better friend to fly to New York with me! New York with you was seriously one of the very best weeks of my life and I will never forget it! You always brighten the room with your happy outlook on life. Thank you for being such a great friend to me for all these years. I love you so much girl! Have the happiest of birthdays!
  
Since I can't think of an efficient transition from birthdays to what I wanted to post about I will just jump right into it.

I've been busy. And by busy I mean I have such a long list of things to do that I probably shouldn't be blogging right now. I have three callings, all of which have provided me with many many great things to do, I am teaching a leadership training lesson to the seminary class presidents next week, and next Sunday I am speaking at stake conference. I also teach 9 tumbling classes (which I love!) which also require intensive lesson planning outside of work. And all of that in addition to school and homework have provided me with quite the "to do" list, and while I absolutely LOVE everything I am doing and wouldn't change it for anything, I was feeling a little overwhelmed.

I was sitting in my seminary class the other day when we came upon a verse of scripture that hit me really hard. It was exactly what I needed in that moment. So I replaced the name written in it to say "Whitney".

"Behold, verily, verily, I say unto my servant Whitney, 
I have looked upon thee and thy works. 
I have heard thy prayers, and prepared thee for a greater work. 
Thou art blessed, for thou shalt do great things."
-Doctrine & Covenants 35:3-4

The part that hit me the very most was phrase "I have heard thy prayers."

I see it like this:

I am sitting here on earth writing "letters" (aka saying prayers) to God about the things that are happening in my life. And I am then tossing them towards the ceiling in hopes that they somehow make it to heaven. However, sometimes It seems that these letters just hit the ceiling and fall back down. Because obviously paper can't fly through ceilings. 

However, the contrary is actually true. Not only do your prayers make it past your ceiling, but they actually make it the God's office. It would be efficient for God to have a secretary read all the letters and respond to them, but instead I believe he has his heavenly secretaries deliver the letters right to his office and he reads each one individually, and he responds to each one individually.

He reads your letters.

My most resent letter to him was that I was stressed with everything to do and I didn't feel that I was good enough to get it all done with the kind of quality that he expects. So he sent me a letter back to let me know that he has looked at the work I have done, and he has read my letter. He reassured me by letting me know that I was prepared for all the things I am doing, and he also let me know that I will do great things.

I'm grateful for letters sent from Heaven.




feel my sunlight



p.s. I just want to live on a cute farm with lots of trees and have a horse named Starlight and listen to country music and wear cowboy boots and go to hoedowns and marry a cute cowboy like in the movies.   #WhitneyThoughts


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment! I'd love to hear from you!