Saturday, November 8, 2014

Future Sister Missionaries, Al Fox, and BYU Vocal Point

DISCLAIMER: This was the coolest day ever!

I am a part of a Facebook group called Many are called.... but few are sisters and this group is specifically for future sister missionaries and RMs and it is full of some of the coolest people I've ever met. Everything regarding serving as a sister is talked about in this group and I have learned so much from the comments and testimonies of these lovely sisters.

Every once and a while they have a meet-up at temple square. Where they get together and take pictures and sing songs and share excitement about serving missions.

I attended the meet-up today and it was a BLAST! I have never been with so many people that were so excited to serve the Lord. You could just feel the excitement in the air and I can honestly say that I fell in love with each of these girls even though I didn't know most of them. They are truly God's army and Satan had better hide because these girls are mighty! Here are a few pictures from the meet-up courtesy of the awesome photographers that came to take pictures of the group!

Me and my BFF/XTEAM MATE/CO-WORKER Teri
Kaitlyn and her cute flag
 
 


But wait! The excitement doesn't stop there!

After the meet up a few of us were walking around temple square when I recognized a familiar face. {Spoiler: This face can be found at the bottom of my left column!} In case you are too lazy to scroll down that far we saw AL FOX CARRAWAY!!!  With her husband Ben, and their cute baby girl Gracie.

It took us a second to register that it was actually them and then as soon as it hit that it was ACTUALLY AL FOX we flipped out. For those of you who don't know who Al Fox is you should really read her blog. She is my very favorite blogger, and my very very very favorite speaker. (remember when I went to a fireside she spoke at HERE?) She is seriously the kind of person I want to be when I grow up and she is a HUGE inspiration for my motivation to be a blogger.

So naturally when one sees one of their biggest idols they begin to panic and freak out. As did I and the cute girls I was with. And by the time we had contained ourselves enough to be able to go say hi she was gone...

BUT!

I tweeted her and this conversation followed...


So we ran as fast as we could over to H&M and found her in the men's section. I went up to her and was like "Hey, I'm the one tweeting you!" and she was super cool and talked to us for a little while and then took a picture with us. She is seriously so fun and I am so grateful I was able to meet her and talk to her today!


But wait! The excitement doesn't stop there!

When I got home my family notified me that we were going to go see BYU Vocal Point! They were incredible and I loved every second of their concert! If you've never heard their music click HERE!


So I'd say it was a successful day! Went to a future sister missionary meet-up, met my idol Al Fox, and went to see BYU Vocal Point in concert! I'm on cloud 9.




feel my sunlight




p.s. SHOUT OUT TO ADAM DUMMER WHO TURNS 18 IN 3 MINUTES!!!

p.s.s. Okay... Watch this video. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment! I'd love to hear from you!