Saturday, November 15, 2014

Gratitude Grams


mmm... The world has left me breathless lately.

The way the seasons change is enchanting and I love it, even if it does mean I do have to double and triple layer all my clothes.

I've reticently created a new portfolio site, which is still in the works, but if you feel so inclined you can CLICK HERE to check it out!

Yesterday we had a party at one of my young women leaders house and one of the leaders, Sister Hartvigsen, walked in with a plastic grocery sack. When we inquired about the contents she replied, "I brought my favorite treat..." Being sure to leave dramatic suspense she then added, "MEN!!!" As she pulled out an assortment of ken dolls in scout uniforms. We died. Each of us now have a new bæ and I couldn't be happier about it.

Aren't they the cutest?!
 
And in other exciting news, shout out to Briana and Allison who are both turning 18 today!!! I hope you guys had the BEST BIRTHDAY EVER!!! :)

This week has been awesome and I'm finishing it off with speaking at STAKE CONFERENCE tomorrow. TOMORROW! I'm freaking out, but it all the best ways.

On an unrelated note, my life has been centered around gratitude lately. Gratitude grams that is. I am on the seminary council at my school and for the month of November we've been having the student body write gratitude grams, which are little slips of paper that students write notes to their friends to tell them how grateful they are for them.

We had a lunch activity this week where everyone came and ate graham crackers (see what we did there?!) and wrote gratitude grams. It was a blast and I must say that I am so thankful for this opportunity to serve on seminary council. I absolutely love the people I work with and I wouldn't trade them for the world.

Here are some cute pictures I took at the lunch activity.







So in spirit of the month of the month of thanks I want to challenge everyone at my school to keep sending gratitude grams, and I want to challenge everyone else to send a text or leave a note for someone you are thankful for, because they need to know.




feel my sunlight



p.s. Go read this blog. Exciting things are happening over there.





3 comments:

  1. Hope your stake conference talk went well! I checked out your portfolio site and it looks amazing! You are so talented! I noticed it was wordpress- How are you liking that so far? I am working on a new blog that will be more of a journal so I can include all the pics I take everyday, stories, etc. I am trying to decide between blogger and wordpress and would love to know your opinion! Thanks so much!
    Hope you are having an amazing day!
    -Shelby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It did go well! THANKS!! ha yes it is wordpress! I have been blogging with blogger for a really long time (since like 2010) so I am defiantly more comfortable with blogger. And I might be a little prejudiced towards blogger. This is my first attempt at wordpress. There are a few things with wordpress that I've noticed that I like better than blogger, Such as the picture slideshow that plays on the front page of my portfolio site, and the drop down menus at the top of the page (to get that on blogger I had to learn how to code it which was quite difficult.)

      Overall I feel like wordpress is fantastic if you are more in it just for the writing (or in my case just to have a professional portfolio that doesn't need to be customized too much). It is simpler for beginners to get a professional looking blog, however, I personally like blogger better for my personal blog because I feel that it gives me much more creativity and freedom when it comes to design and the look of my blog. Many of the layouts on wordpress cost money and nothing on blogger ever costs money.

      Because I already know blogger I'm going to have to say that blogger is my favorite. :)

      -Whit

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much for your advice! I really appreciate it!
      Have a great day!
      -Shelby

      Delete

Leave me a comment! I'd love to hear from you!