Tuesday, March 1, 2016

"I'm grateful we have two eyes"

I am doing Bueno!!!

This week has been pretty dang fun. You can listen to the shake down of it all on my voice recordings. 

So the other day we were at a dinner with some members (Brooklynn and Sarah) that feed us on a regular basis. My companion had just finished telling a story about this man she knew that had fake eyeballs that she would help him put in every day (she worked in a nursing home.) Soon after we decided it was time to say a closing prayer and leave. Sarah was saying the closing prayer and in the middle of her prayer with all sincerity she said "Heavenly Father.... I'm so grateful we have two eyes." And we all about lost it. You know those moments when you're chocking back laughs because you are supposed to be reverent, but you can only halfway keep the laughs from coming out and in the end you find yourself with tears falling down your face and the best ab workout you've had in five months??? Ya this was one of those times!

The mission life is pretty dang fun. And my YSA peps make me happy.

I was sitting at night sacrament meeting last night and I watched as several people came in and took their seats. Since I was sitting in the back I could see everyone as they walked it. There were a pretty large amount of people that when they saw me smiled and waved. This was a simple thing, but it hit me just how many people I have around me that love me. I was overwhelmed with how many people have touched my life in this ward. And then while I was pondering this during sacrament meeting it also hit me that I have so many people that have touched my life that aren't even in this ward. So to all the people that have listened to me teach a lesson, fed me a meal, or smiled to me on the street, to all my friends back home, all the family members near and far, all the people that have shared a spiritual experience while I've been present, all the tumbling friends, fellow missionaries, and acquaintances. I AM SO GRATEFUL FOR YOU!


My favorite miracle of the week (besides finding 7 new investigators!!! WHOOO!) was on Saturday when our keys got locked in our trunk and the elders were able to get them out using chopsticks, bobby pins, and a fork. 

"The standard of truth has been erected; no unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing; persecutions may rage, mobs may combine, armies may assemble, calumny may defame, KEYS MAY GET LOCKED IN THE TRUNK, but the truth of God will go forth boldly, nobly, and independent, till it has penetrated every continent, visited every clime, swept every country, and sounded in every ear, till the purposes of God shall be accomplished and the great Jehovah shall say "the work is done." #TAKETHATSATAN!!


This week in my studies I got to the BEST PART OF THE BOOK OF MORMON!!! If you don't know what part that is, then it's when Christ comes.

I decided to look at it with a little bit of a different perspective. I decided to imagine myself as one of the people in the crowd watching it happen around me. What would I think when I see Nephi receive the authority to baptize? (3 Nephi 11:21) How would I feel when I heard the Savior pray for me. (3 Nephi 18) Who would I want to talk to during all the excitement that night before everyone gets baptized? (3 Nephi 19:2) 

It has been so cool to see myself in the scriptures. If you haven't done it yet I encourage you all to try it!!

Anyways, my week has been great and I hope everyone is doing well. Keep me posted on all the things that are happening. 

CONGRATS TO KYRA FOR GETTING HER MISSION CALL!!! WHOOO!

That is all I've got for y'all this fine day.

I love you more than Mormons love green jello. 


'Ofa-Atu!
-Sista Reid 🐊

Planning by the pool at our apartment, although we can't stay if anyone else shows up.



My favorite street sign

Splits with the STL


My pin at Chick-fil-a, the black one

Leaf vacuuming at the Temple


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment! I'd love to hear from you!