Monday, August 26, 2013

forsaken week, and the first day of school

 I'm sorry I've forsaken you this week, I really am! This last week was crazy fun and jam packed with awesome. I could blame my lack of posts on that, but in reality, I was just lazy when it came to posts. Sorry.

So this last week I did a few things in my final attempts at living it up in my last days of summer. I mean, I went to the temple! I know that's not most peoples idea of "living it up" but it's sure mine! It was the highlight of my week just as it always is.

It was also my cool sister Danielle's 15th birthday on Sunday. Here is a picture of her with a fry that looks like a hat from her birthday dinner. Happy birthday beautiful sister of mine!
happy birthday Danielle!!!
I also had the opportunity to run The Color Run 5K in Salt Lake City with my dad and one of my best friends Lauren. That was so much fun! They aren't kidding when they say it is the "Happiest 5k on the Planet".
Before...
...After.... (sorta)
...The REAL after!
race swag
color color color
CTR remains clean!
Be happy
Be really happy

We got covered in colorful cornstarch and my hair (as well as my armpits, and pretty much everywhere else on my body) turned an awesome sickly color of green. I washed my hair 3 times before realizing my hair was going to need special treatment. When talking to Amberleigh (one of my super amazing EFY counselors, whom I love lots and lots.) days before going to school I realized that there was a large chance I would be going to school on Monday with green hair, I also realized that the situation wasn't going to change, but the way I looked at the situation would determine what I made of it. I thought of a quote by Marjorie Pay Hinckley...

             The only way to get through life is to               
          laugh your way through it.             
                         You either have to laugh or cry.          
         I prefer to laugh as      
crying gives me a headache.      
                         -Marjorie Hinckley

While I wanted nothing more than to go to school not looking like I had dip dyed my hair in pureed green beens, I knew that I needed to have a positive attitude, or I would ultimately have a terrible first day of school. I decided then and there that I would laugh about it. 

Now, I tried everything. Lemon juice, baby oil, hot oil treatment, 8 time shampooing and conditioning my hair, and lotion. Oh, and a few prayers. The lotion and the prayers helped the most and I was so blessed to go to school this morning with BLOND HAIR! I was more than pleased. So if you ever get green cornstarch in your hair that dyes it green, put lotion in it and start to pray. Ha

Me, in the truck, about to drive myself to my first day of Junior year. Crazy stuff.

 So like I said, today was the first day of school. It was surprisingly one of my better first days of school that I've ever had. I was not happy about ending my summer of fun, but I think it will be a pretty good year this year. (I mean, when you have a volunteer from an outlying district, that's something you can't ignore. #namethatmovie) But it really was a darn good day. I mean, I had TWO missionary experiences at school today and it was only the first day of school. Life is good. team mates make things fun. School is good. I hope tomorrow brings the same amount of joy as today did. Go read your scriptures, say your prayers, remember who you are, and so on, and so forth, and whatnot, and what have you. I love you all!




Feel my Sunlight 



p.s. I love people. Like a whole lot. And if you are reading this, you are one of those people I love a whole lot.

1 comment:

Leave me a comment! I'd love to hear from you!